I talked about Family Identity in Episode 12. It is important for dads to cultivate a sense of family identity. Getting your family together for a project like an annual gingerbread train or house is a great way to build family identity. Enter your creation into a competition. Have some fun with the project by creating some custom cars. Read more about the annual Osborne Family Gingerbread Train on Grill’n Time.
The Father’s Mandate – Where to learn more?
Best – Take a Growing Kids God’s Way class in a small group setting
Better – Go through the videos as a couple at home (GFI.org sale)
Good – Read On Becoming Childwise: Parenting Your Child from 3-7 Years
Find a Growing Kids God’s Way Class in your local area by visiting the GrowingKids.org web site. Use the “General Ministry or Curriculum” contact email address to ask about classes in your area.
Listen to the eight part series on The Father’s Mandate
1. A father must cultivate a sense of family identity.
2. A father must regularly demonstrate love to his wife.
3. A father must understand and respect his child’s private world.
4. A father must give his children the freedom to fail.
5. A father must be the encourager of the family.
6. A father must guard his tongue and his tone and learn to measure his response against the excitement on their faces.
7. A father must routinely embrace his children.
8. A father must build the trusting relationship on God’s Word, not on human wisdom.
Update on Caden – He broke his arm and the next week was hospitalized with pneumonia.
Leo Laporte and Steve Gibson – Security Now Podcast
Which apps are safer? Apps from the Android market or the Apple App store?
Leave feedback in the comments below or contact us via:
Daddy Life on Twitter
Voice Mail: (864) 372-9833
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes or RSS: